Michael, Joel (ed). Fundamentals of Medical Physiology. New York; Thieme Publishers, 2011. ISBN:9781604062748.
Michael, Joel A. and Harold I. Modell. Active Learning in Secondary and College Science Classrooms: A working model for helping the learner to learn. Mahwah, NJ: Routledge, 2003. ISBN 978-0-8058-3948-7.
Michael, Joel A. and Allen A. Rovick. Problem Solving in Physiology. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1999. ISBN 0-13-2441047.
Note: the following titles were developed for earlier operating systems and will no longer run on current operating systems.
• ABASE: A Program for Teaching Acid Base Regulation
• Cardiovascular Physiology I: Pressure/Flow Relations
• Cardiovascular Physiology II: Reflex
• CIRCSIM: A Teaching Exercise on Blood Pressure Regulation
• GASP: A Teaching Exercise on Chemical Control of Ventilation
• Simulations in Physiology – The Renal System
Note: the following titles are written in Flash or are PDF Files and are available as freeware. Contact Harold Modell for additional information
• Control System Model Interactive Tutorial
• Elastic Structure Interactive Tutorial
• Mass and Heat Flow Interactive Tutorial
• Membrane Potentials Interactive Tutorial
• Membrane Transport Interactive Tutorial
• Simulations in Physiology – The Respiratory System
• The Cardiac Cycle Interactive Tutorial